With all of the stresses of our day and age, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and discouraged. Most Americans will experience some level of depression and anxiety during their lives, but some will experience it at a more intense and serious level.
It can be difficult and scary to decide that it’s time to ask for help. Because you may be concerned about being viewed as weak or may not be sure if you are “struggling enough” to ask for help, perhaps you’re putting it off. Don’t!
Signs you may need help
Here are some of the signs to help you determine when it’s time to get the help you need.
- You feel trapped, like you have no way out.
- You feel like you can’t do it alone.
- You worry all the time.
- Your relationships are suffering and you don’t feel like you have the ability to change that.
- You aren’t sleeping like you used to or are sleeping much more than usual.
- Your eating habits have changed.
- You have no interest in your job or everyday life.
- You want to withdraw from friends and family and activities you used to enjoy.
- You feel hopeless or worthless or guilty.
- You cry a lot.
- You don’t feel motivated to maintain good hygiene.
- You have thoughts about death or suicide.
If you are trying to cope with some or all of these symptoms, don’t wait to get help. At Palo Alto Smart Therapy we want to help you. We know that you are smart, resourceful, and strong. Our experienced team of therapists can counsel you through anxiety, depression, job burnout, sexual issues, grief, and addiction recovery as well as help with the struggles faced by couples, kids and teens, and the LGBTQI community.