We Work with Sexual Issues If you’re interested in working with a sexual issue, you might be asking yourself:
- Is my sexuality a problem or are other people’s reactions to it the problem?
- Why do I keep doing sexual things that I don’t want to do?
- Can I be sexually fulfilled and not hurt other people’s feelings?
- How can I connect my sexuality with my capacity to love?
Do you find yourself thinking these thoughts and then feeling ashamed, alone, and not knowing who you could talk to about it all?
Most of us are not welcomed into our sexuality. We are not taught how it works or taught how to talk to other people about it. The resulting shame is almost always destructive. Many people are afraid to seek help about their relationship to sex, their bodies, and other people because they are:
- Afraid someone will find out about their sexual issue
- Nervous that they are sick / dirty / immoral / unfixable / undesirable
- Worried that their desire / lust / sexuality / passion / fantasy is so powerful that it is dangerous
If shame is part of your sexual experience, there is a way out.
Our therapists are skilled at helping clients with sexual issues including:
- Compulsive sexual behavior (like pornography addiction or frequent, obsessive masturbation)
- Unwanted sexual behavior (like having sex with partners that aren’t nice to you)
Sexuality can be a source of joy, connection, and satisfaction. Our confidential, non-judgmental approach will help you remove the barriers to having a whole relationship to the sexual part of yourself and to other people. We will help you find a healthy relationship with sex without imposing our values on you. We will help you bring your sexuality and your values into alignment with one another.
Let us help you get beyond this moment
Call 650-422-2944, email contact@PaloAltoSmartTherapy.com or use our online scheduler to set up a free consultation to see if one of our experienced therapists can partner with you to take your life to the next level.